Maintenance Tech II
Responsible for efficiently performing all necessary maintenance for the apartment community and to assist the Maintenance Supervisor with organizing, directing and managing the overall maintenance programs of the apartment community.
- Must have average written and oral communication skills to be able to understand and follow directions.
- High school diploma or that of the equivalent.
- Prefer some technical courses.
- Experience in make-ready and apartment maintenance.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
Special Licenses or Certificates Required:
- Makes general appliance repairs, carpet repairs, A/C repairs and electrical repairs.
- Performs carpentry work, welding, painting and plumbing duties as required.
- Installs appliance and electrical fixtures as required.
- Installs, repairs and rekeys deadbolt locks.
- Handles designated service requests within 24 hours.
- Assists Maintenance Supervisor with proper levels of inventory.
- Assists Maintenance Supervisor in implementing, and supervising training program for the use of safety equipment in keeping with MSDS.
- Moves appliances, with assistance, using appliance dolly.
- Assists maintenance in maintaining a clean and orderly shop.
- Adheres to company key procedures.
- Participating in an ongoing community improvement plan and preventive maintenance program.
- Reports any maintenance problems.
- Assists with resident functions as required.
- Must be prompt, on time to work and have good, regular attendance.
- Adheres to and complies with company safety policies and rules and wears personal protective equipment (PPE) as directed. Adheres to OSHA safety standards that are applicable for the safe performance of job.
- Maintains courteous and helpful demeanor with residents, prospective residents, co-workers, vendors, etc.
- Works on-call, overtime, weekend, holiday, and evening work as required.
- Must have mode of communication in which to be contacted at home to respond in cases of emergency.
- Wears company uniform with photo I.D. badge during work hours.
- May be transferred or assigned to work at another Milestone community.
- Acts as a team member with all associates of the management staff.
- Complies with all policies as outlined in the Operations Manual.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Community Director (or Assistant Community Director in Community Director's absence) and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Frequent lifts and carries up to 45 pounds.
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 80 pounds.
- Pushes and/or pulls (appliances) using appliance dolly up to 200 pounds.
- Moves objects from one floor to another.
- Frequently bends/stoops, climbs stairs, kneels, balances, reaches above shoulder height, walks, and twists.
- Has normal range of vision, hearing and speech.
Nashville, TN 37217
Maintenance Tech II
Milestone Management is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, including but not limited to recruitment, selection, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, selection for transfer, and compensation for all qualified associates, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran's status, or disability.